The IB Diploma Programme at YBC
The IB Diploma Programme is an academically challenging programme of education with final examinations that prepares students aged 16 to 19 for success at university and life beyond. The programme is taught in English over two years and has gained recognition and respect from the world's leading universities.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at YBC is an excellent preparation for university studies. The spirit of the programme is a combination of a clear academic focus and creative, exciting encounters. In-depth studies go hand in hand with good friendship.
The first year of the programme is a preparatory year where subjects and courses are offered in accordance with the Swedish rules and regulations. The second and third year are the Diploma Programme years where all courses are offered in accordance with the International Baccalaureate Organisation rules and regulations.
See IBO's web site at www.ibo.org
Our IB students report that they feel comfortable, secure and inquisitive. Many of them go on to study at universities abroad or to pursue higher academic studies in Sweden.
Some quick facts ...
* YBC is an IB world school, one of many IB schools in over 140 countries around the world.
* Around 1 000 000 students to attend one of the IBO’s 3 programmes and enjoy the benefits of an IB education. The Diploma Programme for students aged 16 to 19 started in 1968 with first examinations in 1970 and is now offered by 2,314 IB World Schools.
* IB assessment is based 80% on final exams at the end of the 2-year Diploma programme and 20% by internal assessment. The IB Diploma is well recognised by universities as a premium university preparation programme.
* IB's challenging Diploma Programme assessment is recognized by the world's leading universities. We maintain our high standards by actively training and supporting teachers, and by authorizing and evaluating IB World Schools.
* The diploma encourages international-mindedness in IB students. To do this, we believe that students must first develop an understanding of their own cultural and national identity. All IB students learn a second language and the skills to live and work with others internationally—essential for life in the 21st century.
* A positive attitude to learning is encouraged students by asking challenging questions, to reflect critically, to develop research skills, and to learn how to learn. We encourage community service because we believe that there is more to learning than academic studies alone.
Why should you choose IB@YBC?
* The International Baccalaureate Diploma programme demands the best from both motivated students and dedicated teachers. Are you one of them?
* Do you have good grades in language (English and/or Swedish), Mathematics, the social sciences and the natural sciences? Then IB could be the right choice for you.
* A good guide for success in the IB Diploma is your total point score from grundskolan. We recommend 240 points or more. Do you fit the bill?
* The IB section at YBC has a special spirit, as does the whole of YBC. Do you want to be part of an exciting new school in Nacka, and the large family of IB students around the world?
What the media reports about IB education from around the world -
From USA - press release, March 22, 2012, 11:14 a.m. EDT
** International Baccalaureate: New Study Links Participation in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme to College Success Among Chicago Public School Students
University of Chicago study finds CPS students completing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme are better prepared for college.
read the whole article ...
from USA -article in Huff Post Education, posted: 24/01/2012 12:04 pm EDT
** Dr. Tony Wagner, Innovation Education fellow at Harvard University and author of the new book, Creating Innovators (due out April 17), explains ...
"I do agree that the IB is a significantly better framework for intellectual rigor than the advanced placement (AP) curriculum for several reasons: the requirement that all students complete a 4500 word research paper, the service learning requirement, and the interdisciplinary theory of knowledge requirement, all of which take learning beyond the confines of the conventional curriculum."
read the whole article ...
Want to know more?
Please contact our IB coordinator.
Telephone: 070-431 77 14
Bra att veta
Öppet hus 13 maj!
Välkommen till Öppet hus
Föreläsning av Cimon Lundberg
kl 17:00 - 19:00 den 13 maj.
Läs mer under "Öppet hus"